Today’s bi-weekly update for the cel-shaded shooter offers a new level, the long-awaited ability to “rocket jump” without consequences, and a new boss, among several other goodies included within the “Fall Into Darkness” update for Wrack.
Every other Tuesday, Final Boss Entertainment releases a themed update for their classically-inspired FPS, Wrack; “Get Your Mod On!” was released two weeks ago (Jan. 20), and brought full Steam Workshop support to the title, along with an internal mod-browser and new sound effects and animations. “Fall Into Darkness” brings a new extra level into Episode 1- “E1L6”- complete with a prototype build of “Giggordo”, E1L6’s boss character. Also included within E1L6 is a new Artifact, the “Blast Guard”, which allows the player to rocket-jump with significantly nullified damage.
Outside of new content for players to horse-around with, “Fall Into Darkness” includes fixes for several bugs; the complete log is as follows, courtesy of Final Boss Entertainment:
- Added a new level: E1L6′! This is the extra level for episode 1, and is accessed from E1L6 through a secret exit.
- Added the Blast Guard! This is an artifact that makes rocket jumping much more viable. It is found on E1L6′.
- Added a prototype of Giggordo, the E1L6′ boss! No model or animation just yet, but the gameplay is there.
- Added and reworked many of the E1L6 textures! They’re now much more crisp and colorful.
- Added some new trooper melee sounds.
- Made some texturing and lighting tweaks to E1L6.
- Updated the title sequence, along with the title screen.
- Added several new items to the gallery.
- Added the new QuakeAttack() AI script command, which works similarly to RadiusAttack(), but only affects objects on the ground.
- Added several new sentry-related AI script commands.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the “Restart” command from working properly in Time Attack/Score Attack mode.
- Fixed a bug that would result in certain face actions being activated upon restoring a quicksave.
- Fixed some aspect ratio issues when displaying a few images that take up the whole screen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the map convert tool from converting multiple maps at once.
Wrack is currently available for purchase through the official website, Steam (recommended version), Desura and GamersGate. A PC exclusive, Wrack is a cel-shaded arcade-FPS that draws influence from the “classic” age of PC and console shooters; Wrack features an original story, competitive “Time” and “Score Attack” modes, along with the ability to create and share custom levels through level-creation system “WrackEd”.
Image courtesy of Final Boss Entertainment