Adam Jensen fans now have the opportunity to get their hands on the upcoming Collector’s Edition, scheduled to drop next February.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the third chapter of the Deus Ex prequel saga, following Deus Ex: The Fall and Adam Jensen’s first appearance in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Set two years after the canon ending of Human Revolution, the established social unrest of the first game has since devolved into chaos, as augmented humans are now seen as a violent threat towards society. Most of the gameplay elements have been kept under-wraps, however Director Jean-Francois Dugas previously noted that Mankind Divided can be fully “ghosted” by stealthy pacifists, certain conflicts can be avoided through clever dialogue choices, and “New Game+” will be available upon completion.
Publisher Square Enix revealed that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will now release in late February 2016. Fans of the series can now pre-order a $150 “Collector’s Edition” bundle through various retailers, which contains the following items:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Day 1 Edition
- Desperate Measures: additional DLC mission
- Classic Pack: DXHR Adam Jenson accessory pack
- Enforcer Pack: custom skins for the Combat Armor and Combat Rifle
- Intruder Pack: custom skins for Jensen’s trenchcoat and Pistol
- Digital OST Sampler: Six music tracks from the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided soundtrack composed by Michael McCann
- Digital Artbook
- Digital Novella: recaps the events after Human Revolution’s closing Panchaea incident
- Digital Comic Book
- 9″ Adam Jensen Figurine: depicts Adam Jensen with the Titan Shield augment
- 48-Page Titan Art Book
- Limited Edition Steelbook: Collector’s Edition hard-case
The digital content provided within the Collector’s Edition is also available through a custom tier system based on the overall amount of pre-orders:
Anyone who pre-orders Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will have access to Tier I by default, offering buyers a choice between the Intruder Pack, Enforcer Pack or Classic Pack; the other four tiers will unlock after a certain number of pre-orders have been met across retailers and digital marketplaces:
- Tier I (Choose One): Intruder Pack, Enforcer Pack, Classic Pack
- Tier II (Choose One): Digital Art Book, Digital OST Sampler
- Tier III: Desperate Measures DLC Mission
- Tier IV (Choose One): Digital Comic Book, Digital Novella
- Tier V: Early Release
Those who pre-order from any location should receive a digital code that will grant the buyer access to the “Augment Your Pre-Order” site, where digital bonuses can be selected. If the final pre-order tier is reached, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will release four days early.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will release for PC, Xbox One and PS4 on 2/23/2016; if Tier V is reached, then all versions will release on 2/19. The Collector’s Edition is available to pre-order for $149.99, though exclusively for the console versions.