Johnny, Jack-O and Jam may be the new additions to Guilty Gear Xrd, but Japanese fans are currently voting to have one more additional character added to the roster.
Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- is an updated pseudo-sequel to 2014’s Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-. Currently available in Japanese arcades, Revelator features a new “Stylish Mode” for beginner players, a new Story Mode, and several adjustments to the UI and core gameplay mechanics. A handful of long-term fans of the franchise criticized Xrd for its comparatively small roster- the previous installment included 25 characters- however Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- adds both Johnny and Jam Kuradoberi back into the list, along with the brand new character Jack-O.
Shortly after the reveal of Jam Kuradoberi at the inaugural Arc Revolution Cup 2015 tournament, Arc System Works announced that Japanese fans would have the opportunity to vote on yet another character to be added into the roster; any character from the complete Guilty Gear franchise was eligible for voting. The polling is only at the halfway point, though the current standings have been revealed. Translated statistics are provided by fighting game outlet Shoryuken:
- Holy Order Sol – 9197 votes (14.1%)
- Dizzy – 9052 votes (13.8%)
- Bridget – 8826 votes (13.5%)
- Baiken – 8618 votes (13.2%)
- Anji Mito – 6280 votes (10.0%)
- Testament – 4215 votes (6.4%)
- Robo-Ky – 3375 votes (5.2%)
- Izuna – 2773 votes (4.2%)9. A.B.A – 2448 votes (3.7%)
- Zappa – 2094 votes (3.2%)
- Raven – 2013 votes (3.1%)
- Valentine – 1996 votes (3.1%)
- Fanny – 1614 votes (2.5%)
- Dr. Paradigm – 1472 votes (2.3%)
- Justice – 1116 votes (1.7%)
- Kliff Undersn – 290 votes (0.4%)
Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- will release for Japanese consoles in Spring 2016; North American and European release windows have not been announced.
Sources: Arc System Works, Shoryuken
Image courtesy of Arc System Works, Team RED